Pasta, sauerkraut, mushrooms. Quick to make and results in a happy Cosmin. Yup, I'm onto a winner with this one. It's not a fancy dinner party dish, but I'm not a fancy dinner party person so, you know, that's fine.
I made my own pasta. You don't have to, you really don't it's fine going for shop bought. I just use any excuse to get my pasta machine out and I've been making it for so long now that I can do it with my eyes closed. It really takes next to no time once you've got the hang of it.
- 2 quantities egg pasta dough OR 200g readymade pasta
- 1/2 onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 270g mixed mushrooms roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 200g sauerkraut (drained weight)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grated cheese
NUTRITIONAL CONTENT PER PORTION
- Calories | 413
- Fat | 9.9g
Serves | 2
Prep Time | 50 if you make your own pasta, 5 if you use ready made
Cooking Time | 20 minutes
- If making your own pasta, roll your dough through the lasagne slot of your pasta machine, working down through the settings until it is about 1.4mm thick, on my machine this is number 5 the second to thinnest setting.
- Using a pizza cutter or a sharp knife slice the lasagne sheets into squares approximately 2cm x 2cm in size.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta until al-dente (I made my pasta the night before so it has dried a little and took 13 minutes to cook, if yours is still fresh it should take less time.
- Fry together the onion, garlic and mushrooms in the oil over medium high heat.
- Season well with salt and pepper, stir in the sauerkraut and cook on medium for five minutes.
- Toss the pasta and sauerkraut/mushroom sauce together and serve.