Chocoladeletters are a big deal for the Dutch at Christmas. We're greedy beggars and have gone all out and spelled out The Taste Trail, the Dutch usually only get one letter each, their first initial.
This isn't really a recipe, it's nothing more complicated than melting chocolate, pouring it into a moul and decorating it. But I don't feel bad because I already made Dutch stroopwafels a couple of weeks back. My letter mould is from amazon, it's done the trick nicely, though I can't stop thinking about the moulds the Dutch typically use which is a more stylish serif font.
- Appx 40g chocolate per letter. Milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate ...you choose
- Misc cake decorations. Whatever you have lying around.
NUTRITIONAL CONTENT PER PORTION
- Calories | 214
- Fat | 11.9g
Serves | Up to you!
Prep Time | 5 minutes, plus setting time
Cooking Time | 1 minute
- Grate your chocolate and heat in the microwave for ten second bursts, stirring very well between each.
- Once melted pour into letter shaped moulds.
- Decorate your letters as you like. I used hundreds and thousands, writing icing, cornflowers, rose petals and I also dyed some of the letters with powdered food colouring ...make sure to use fat soluble food colouring if you're colouring yours.
- Leave at room temperature to set and then remove from the moulds and enjoy.