The second week of completely vegetarian dishes and I thought my poor meat-lover Cosmin would be bereft; then we took it one step further and went 100% vegan. Thankfully this soup is crammed full of mushrooms which he adores and it didn't disappoint, he wants me to cook it again and again and again. That's alright by me, it's quick as billy-o to make.
Please, if any Kosovans stumble upon this page do let us know if we're in the right ballpark with this recipe. It was a real struggle finding a Kosovan soup, I ended up typing supë kosovar into google images and what follows is based on the most appealing result.
- 240g canned chickpeas (drained weight)
- 350g mixed mushrooms chopped
- Half an onion finely diced
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
NUTRITIONAL CONTENT PER PORTION
- Calories | 307
- Fat | 11g
Serves | 4
Prep Time | 10 minutes
Cooking Time | 15 minutes
- Saute the onion, mushrooms and garlic in the olive oil until the onions become transluscent and the mushrooms start to brown.
- Stir in the chickpeas and cook for a further minute. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Pour in enough water to just cover the ingredients. Bring to the boil then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice and serve.
Based on a recipe found at www.kuzhinreceta.com