I steered away from the traditional way of cooking our σουβλάκι, they were not skewered. I find it easier that way. These are yum.
- 460g diced pork
- 125ml olive oil
- 250ml cup dry white wine
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp oregano
- ½ tbsp thyme
- ½ tbsp rosemary
- ½ tsp salt
- Pitta bread
- Greek yoghurt
NUTRITIONAL CONTENT PER PORTION
- Calories | 308
- Fat | 15.5g
Serves | 4 portions
Prep Time | 5 hours 10 minutes (includes marinating time)
Cooking Time | 40 minutes
- In a large bowl, stir together the oil, wine, lemon, salt, oregano, thyme and rosemary. Add the pork, cover and marinade in the fridge for five hours, or ideally overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 190˚ Transfer the meat to a casserole dish and pour in the marinade so it reaches halfway to the top of the meat and cover tightly with a lid or tin foil. Cook for 30 minutes until tender.
- Remove the meat only and dust with paprika, transfer to a griddle pan and cook on all sides until nicely seared.
- I made my sauce by mixing together 75g crumbled feta, two crushed garlic cloves and 250ml Greek yoghurt.
Based on a recipe found at www.weber-grill-bbq.gr