Rice and minced pork are a common combination in Eastern Europe, with every country we’ve “visited” to date having its own variation, more often than not wrapped in a cabbage leaf. I felt it about time that we get in on the pork and rice act and this is the result. Pig in a pepper ladies and gents.
- 4 red peppers
- 65g long grain rice
- 225g minced pork
- 200g tomatoes diced
- 1 onion diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 100g feta
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
NUTRITIONAL CONTENT PER PORTION
- Calories | 306
- Fat | 14.8g
Serves | 4 portions
Prep Time | 10 minutes
Cooking Time | 1 hour
- Cook the rice according to packet instructions
- Fry the onions until lightly golden, add the pork and cook for a further 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and the paprika.
- Add the tomatoes and rice and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the feta and parsley.
- Core the peppers and remove all the seeds.
- Stuff with the meat mixture.
- Stand upright in a baking dish and fill the bottom of the dish with water to the halfway mark, cover and cook for 45 minutes in an oven preheated to 200˚c, removing the cover for the last 15 minutes.
Based on a recipe found at www.sofiagreentour.com